The first step toward psychological, learning or behavior improvement is to understand the source of the problem. At Rice Psychology Group, we offer a variety of testing and assessment services that evaluate our client’s neuropsychological functioning, identify his/her strengths and weaknesses, and guide our recommendations for treatment.
Rice Psychology Group offers testing and assessment services to children, adolescents and adults. All assessments are customized based on the nature of the problem and needs of each client.
Learn More About Our Testing & Assessment Services in the Following Areas:
For school-aged kids and teens, testing and assessments are typically conducted when the student is experiencing difficulty in learning, attention, behavior, socialization or emotional control. We often see students who have been referred by a teacher, school psychologist or doctor. If a school assessment has already been conducted, we can provide a second opinion with more in-depth testing.
Our testing and assessments can help to explain:
- Why your child is having difficulty learning or following directions
- What developmental, neurological or medical problems may be at the heart of your child’s symptoms
- Which disorder(s), such as Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), depression or learning disabilities, may be behind the problems and which areas of the brain are involved
- What are the reasons for your child’s troubled behavior or learning patterns in school and at home
- What accommodations or modifications are needed to help level the playing field for your child or teen
The tests, which our psychologists will customize based on need, typically look at the following abilities:
- General intellect
- Achievement skills, such as reading or math
- Executive skills, such as organization, planning, inhibition and mental flexibility
- Learning and memory
- Visual-spatial skills
- Motor coordination
- Behavioral and emotional functioning
- Social skills
Our evaluations are tailored to your needs in terms of scope, depth, price and time involved:
- Gifted Program Eligibility/Intellectual Assessment
- Re-evaluation to update previous testing*
- School required psychoeductional evaluations*
- In-depth Psychoeducational assessment for a more detailed understanding of learning strengths and weaknesses and for diagnostic information
- Neuropsychological evaluation — the most in-depth evaluation of learning and behavior in relationship to brain functioning
*Often necessary to aid in obtaining accommodations for school and college entrance exams
Autism, the most common of the Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDD) or Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), is a neurodevelopmental disorder that typically appears in the first three years of life and is characterized by impairment in communication and social skills.
Evaluations include the ADOS-2, the gold standard for assessing Autism Spectrum Disorders, in-depth structured interview with the individual’s parents, standardized assessment measures for cognitive abilities, communication and language, adaptive, and social-emotional functioning.
With your permission, Rice Psychology Group can work closely with your child’s physician, school or college to create the best educational environment possible for his or her unique needs. We are very familiar with the processes and guidelines of Response to Intervention (RTI), No Child Left Behind, 504 Plans and IEPs.
Contact our Tampa psychologists office today to schedule a diagnostic interview with one of our child psychologist.
Rice Psychology Group’s testing and assessment services aren’t only designed for children, they can be ideal for adults who are struggling with memory or attention issues at work or in everyday life. Testing and assessment services may also be appropriate if you or a loved one is experiencing changes in behavior, emotions, or social interactions. Our testing and assessment services can determine the nature and extent of these issues and if external factors may be playing a role. We are able to diagnose both learning disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorders in college students and adults as well.
To learn more about Rice Psychology Group’s adult testing and assessment services, please visit our FAQ: Testing and Assessment page, or Contact our team of Tampa psychologists today to schedule your Diagnostic Interview.